El Perro Negro burger pop up, birthday party and more at The Gate
The Gate is turning four in July and has created a bumper birthday summer programme of events to celebrate. The lineup includes a birthday party extravaganza, an El Perro Negro burger popup, a new highball and toastie menu, and bringing back some of their customers’ favourite cocktails over the last four years.
The pub is kicking off the birthday celebrations with a special kitchen takeover with El Perro Negro, on 30th June 30th and 1st July. During the two-day pop-up, The Gate’s kitchen will be offering an incredible limited-edition ‘Smash & Grab’ menu that will feature a mouthwatering classic cheese and chilli burger or dive bar double smash cheeseburger – two smashed patties, triple melted cheese onions, pickles with secret shack sauce. Guests can also tuck into finger-licking good hot honey or sweet soy wings. Tables are available from 4pm – 10pm on Friday 30th June and 2pm- 10pm on Saturday 1st July here
Continuing the anniversary festivities, The Gate is also set to host a complimentary birthday party extravaganza on Thursday, 13th July from 7pm complete with a DJ and a one-of-a-kind menu featuring throwbacks to The Gate’s menus from the last four years. The first 50 guests to join the celebration will receive special presents as a token of appreciation for their support over the past four years.
There will also be two-for-one toasties running all summer long to continue to birthday celebrations.
Andy Gemmell, the owner of The Gate, said. “It has been an incredible journey so far for The Gate, and we are grateful for the continued support of our guests and friends. We’re excited to collaborate again with El Perro Negro for our kitchen takeover and treat our guests to a month of amazing drinks and events. Our birthday party is not to be missed and will be a wonderful night to share with our suppliers, friends, family and amazing guests.”
What’s On at The Gate:
- Whisky Wonderland Presents: A night of Drams & Comedy
- 28th June 7pm – 9pm
- A night of comedy and drams with Glengoyne whisky. Includes a highball, 4 drams a toastie, hosted by brand ambassador handstand up comedian, Gordon Dallas
- Smash & Grab takeover with El Perro Negro
- Friday, 30th June from 4pm until 10pm
- Saturday, 1st July from 2pm until 10pm
- Kitchen takeover by award-winning burger aficionados, El Perro Negro. The menu includes smash burgers and wings
- The Gate 4th Birthday Bash
- Thursday, 13th July from 7pm free
- Celebrating four years of The Gate, the team will be rewinding back with staff and fan cocktail favourites from menus past and present available on the night. DJ spinning tracks alongside 241 toasties
- First 50 guests to enjoy special presents as a Gate birthday treat
Tables are very limited and expected to sell out very quickly. For reservations, please book online, or email firstname.lastname@example.org There will also be a limited number of walk ins available during this pop-up. T