Paisley Halloween Festival returns with spectacular programme revealed
Paisley’s Halloween Festival returns this October with a spectacular programme, including its first live performances in three years!
The free-to-attend event will bring the town centre alive with three evenings of spooky installations and spellbinding street performers, against the spectacular backdrop of Paisley’s 850-year-old Abbey.
This year’s event is themed ‘heroes, myths and legends’ and is being delivered by Renfrewshire Council in partnership with internationally-recognised circus performance specialists Cirque Bijou, as part of Scotland’s Year of Stories 2022, and supported by EventScotland’s National Events Programme.
The festival will be on Thursday 27 to Saturday 29 October between 6 and 9pm each night and visitors can look forward to:
- · unique and specially-created attractions including a giant dramatic interactive walk-through fire garden, a fire-breathing dragon, and eerie illuminated digital face puppets wandering the streets;
- · a spectacular superhero rooftop battle and gravity-defying vertical dance performance from Scotland’s leading aerial dance company All or Nothing, and mobile dance performance with 25 extraordinary performers led by award-winning visual theatre-makers Megahertz;
- · live performances from festival favourites including the illuminated Spark! LED drummers and the spectacular flame-throwing PyroCeltica;
- · a spooky sprawling spider’s lair featuring giant Arachnobot spider, inspired by the legendary story of ‘try, try again’ and Robert the Bruce, whose grandson – King Robert II of Scotland – was born in Paisley Abbey;
- · a large-scale installation created by local young people to celebrate their everyday heroes;
It will also include food and drink stalls, choir performances, children’s art workshops, and spoken word pieces performed by local school and community groups projected on to a giant video wall. More info can be found at www.paisley.is
Thursday 27 to Saturday 29 October between 6 and 9pm
Free, not ticketed.